In the third edition of STYLE THIS | Culottes, I have put together a look which you could wear on a night out for dinner and drinks.
The pleated front of this culottes gives this pair of culottes a structured look that could go from casual to formal.
What would you wear for something fun and sexy where you and your girlfriends are ready to paint the town red? Or that candle light dinner that your other half has planned for your anniversary?
Would you be reaching for that trusty figure enhancing body con dress, which is not really forgiving if you opted for that 4 course set dinner menu with their signature 200g Wagyu beef mains?
Though it might come across to many that wearing culottes or pants is not as feminine, pairing it with the right texture, material and accessories is key to achieving that ladylike charm.
In this outfit, I styled the pleated front culottes from MDS with H&M black lace scallop hem cropped top to soften the serious tone of the culottes and giving a feminine and glamorous touch to the outfit.
If a black satin bra underneath that lace top is not your cup of tea, you can always slip on a black tube or maybe a nude colored tank top for some optical fun.
And don’t forget to put on that pair of platform stiletto heels to take your outfit to a different level! Literally too!
I would also pair this look with a pair of black pointed heels for a sleeker and more chic look.
With the festive season round the corner and lots of party invites heading your way, when you are reaching for that cute little black dress, stop yourself and give yourself a chance to play with different pairings with your culottes instead!
My blog post for the first culottes style has been featured on Independent Fashion Blogger along side 19 other blogs.
Hop over to these fantastic blogs below for more on the latest fashion trends, pairing ideas and DIY instructions.
With fall in full swing, we’re all breaking out the sweaters, getting the coats out of storage. And of course, doing a bit of fall shopping. Now is as good a time as any to investigate where the trends are headed so you can make the most of your fall fashion budget. This week we have a great roundup of fall hauls, trend reports and outfit inspirations to help you decided which way you’re going to fall this year.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- Back2Blanc: What Every Happy Girl Should Have
- Charlotte Lucy: Fall Boots & Other Stories
- Chic & Defined: Fab or Fail: Metallic Oxfords
- Couture Stories: Stylish Clothing You Can Borrow From Him
- Daily Luxe: How to Find Your Perfect Denim
- DressCode:HighFashion: Cape Trends for Fall
- Ellekae: Billion Dollar Brows
- Everest Says: Style This: Culottes
- Fashion Miroir: Runway Fashion: 15 Coat Trends
- Invictus: Casual With Mallzee
- Just Sammthing: Review of Chanel No. 5’s Ad, “The One That I Want.”
- Mode Plus: Animal Instinct
- Ms. Fabulous: Cosplay Trends at New York Comic-Con
- Preponderance in Fashion: Get “Vested” in Fall Fashion
- Purushu: 19 Reasons Why Fashion College is The Coolest
- Quaintrelle: Victorian Hair Jewelry by Swarovski
- Style Curated: Maryland to Murano: Neckpieces and Sculptures by Joyce C. Scott
- Style Duplex: How We Fall
- Style Marmalade: Living NOW Reflection DIY
- The Curious Red Alice: DIY Statement Sunglasses
- We Are Ready Made: Swedish Fashion Goes to Paris
Thank you for dropping by!
Live & Love Life,